David helps his clients identify and minimize risk and maximize success. As a solicitor, David’s practice primarily consists of drafting, interpreting, and negotiating contracts, structuring businesses, and providing legal advice. David also assists clients with dispute resolution and business acquisitions.
David graduated cum laude with a law degree from the University of Ottawa; however, David completed his final year of law school at the University of British Columbia, which allowed him to focus on the law of British Columbia and escape another -30C winter in Ottawa.
BLOG POSTS by DAVID MCHUGH
- Compliance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL): What You Need to Know
- Dismissing (aka Firing) an Employee for Cause is Harder than Often Thought
- Protecting a Business Name
- Non-Competition Clauses and Tech Employees
- Is your Contractor Actually a Contractor?
- Proactively Protecting your Intellectual Property: Copyrights (part I of IV)
- What Developers and Clients Should Know Before Signing a Software Development Agreement
- What Every Employee With a Side Hustle Should Know About Copyright Ownership
- Upcoming Updates to Canada’s Trademarks Act
- New Mandatory Data Breach Obligations Under Canada’s Privacy Law