In providing legal services, David’s number one goal is his clients’ success. David assists companies and individuals with a broad range of legal matters, including technology, intellectual property, gaming, employment, business, and landlord-tenant legal matters, as well as with general dispute resolution. David drafts and reviews contracts, including licensing agreements, IP assignment agreements, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, software development agreements, software as a service agreements, consulting agreements, employment agreements, and shareholders’ agreements, among others. David also provides clients with answers to their often complex legal questions, be it in the form of formal legal opinions or general legal guidance and advice. Additionally, David partners with Small Business BC to provide local entrepreneurs with intellectual property law information as part of Small Business BC’s Ask An Expert program.
David graduated cum laude with a law degree from the University of Ottawa; however, David completed his final year of law school at the University of British Columbia, which allowed him to focus on the law of British Columbia and escape another -30C winter in Ottawa.
In David’s free time, you might find him training for a marathon on the seawall or singing with friends.
BLOG POSTS by DAVID MCHUGH
- Compliance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL): What You Need to Know
- Dismissing (aka Firing) an Employee for Cause is Harder than Often Thought
- Protecting a Business Name
- Non-Competition Clauses and Tech Employees
- Is your Contractor Actually a Contractor?
- Proactively Protecting your Intellectual Property: Copyrights (part I of IV)
- What Developers and Clients Should Know Before Signing a Software Development Agreement