We provide insights, analyses, access, and strategy services to some of the world’s best and nimblest businesses – all underpinned by out of the box thinking and high quality legal work.
Evie is a corporate commercial and securities lawyer with years of experience in private practice, in-house, and in government. She has a BA and LLB from the University of British Columbia and is a CFA® charterholder.
Evie provides advice on corporate governance to companies and directors and officers working in a variety of industries including technology, gaming, mining, and on regulatory compliance with stock exchanges and securities regulators, including continuous disclosure obligations.
She has extensive experience advising on commercial law matters and assisting clients with transactional work, including:
- asset acquisitions and dispositions;
- brokered and non-brokered financings, including flow-through shares and subscription receipts;
- mergers and acquisitions;
- options/joint ventures;
- corporate restructurings including spin-outs, mergers and reverse takeovers; and
- going public and stock exchange listings in Canada, including qualifying transactions for capital pool companies.
Evie is a drafting enthusiast of the plain language school and she is familiar with a wide range of contracts, as well as policies, press releases, and other business documents and communications. She has experience with various aspects of a business practice, including tax issues, accounting, intellectual property and finance.
Evie enjoys providing day-to-day practical legal support to her clients, with problem solving and facilitation of their business goals as her aim.