We provide insights, analyses, access, and strategy services to some of the world’s best and nimblest businesses – all underpinned by out of the box thinking and high quality legal work.
Marius’ practice focuses on technology, video game/esports and iGaming law. He has extensive experience in general corporate and commercial law, focusing primarily on emerging technology companies, helping them with anything from incorporations to financings, major corporate transactions and everything in between. He enjoys working with entrepreneurs and takes pride in supporting Vancouver’s thriving tech ecosystem.
In addition to his technology law practice, he has an active video game and esports law practice. He works closely with many local video game studios and has also been on the forefront of assisting the development of the esports industry in British Columbia, including as one of the co-founders of the BC Esports Association. He is regularly called upon to speak on esports and video game legal issues as a guest on various podcasts and at industry events.
Marius also has extensive experience in iGaming law, including assisting clients in registering Ontario’s regulated iGaming market, and regularly speaks and publishes articles on Canadian iGaming issues.
Marius grew up in Vancouver and obtained his J.D. from the University of British Columbia, graduating with the Business Law concentration. He was called to the bar in British Columbia in January of 2012.
He takes a down-to-earth approach to the practice of law, and prides himself on finding practical, and efficient solutions to his clients’ legal issues.
+1 604 629 5405 | [email protected]
Representative Speaking Engagements and Publications
- IMGL Magazine, Summer 2022, Ontario’s regulated market poses
dilemma for operators
- Basics of Video Game Law: Town One – Quiver Games, April 29 2022
- Segev LLP Esports and Video Game Law, Marius Adomnica, Lootboxes, M&A, Business and Player Contracts – Business of Esports Podcast, April 1 2022
- Legal Fundamentals for Game Studios: Global Game Jam Vancouver (Online event) – January 29th, 2022
- Esports On The Rise, What Does This Mean For Tech Companies In North America – Hipther Festival (Online Event), November 8 2021
- Episode #158: Pokimane Talent Agency, Esports Law Canada, Guild Esports Sponsor Trouble – Business of Esports Podcast, October 28 2021
- Jumping the hurdle of legal issues specific to gambling and esports gaming for Profit – Casino Esports Conf. Panel, October 6 2021
- North America’s New Frontier: Betting Exchanges and Esports Panel – G2E, October 5 2021
- Will iGaming be king in the end? – The Gaming Americas Q3 MeetUp (Online Event), August 26 2021
- Next Gen Gaming – The Seminar Group (Online Event), July 15th 2021
- IMGL Magazine, Summer 2021, Esports: Much more than ‘traditional sports with video games
- MNP and Amuka Esports Presents: Ideas that Move Capital Esports Investor Day (Online Event), March 25th 2021
- Episode 105 – Ready Set Pwn Podcast, March 10th 2021
- Get Smart on Esports – Read the Peak (Online Event), October 26th 2020
- Esports & Gambling – IMGL Webinar Series (Online Event), August 28th 2020
- The Gamerpreneur Podcast, February 26th 2020
- Episode 7 – Battle Royales – The Game Show Podcast, January 14th 2019
- Founder Institute Mentorship Program, Fall 2017 Semester
- Startup Legal 101: Key Legal Concepts for Starting a Company – Founder Institute, July 11th 2017
- Raising Money to get your Game Studio off the Ground – Full Indie, January 19th 2017
- Legal Mistakes Companies Make Before Raising Money – The Profile, September 7th 2016
“It is a great pleasure for us to write a review for Segev LLP, especially about Alon Segev and Marius Adomnica. We had the privilege and fortune of having them as our attorneys, who represented our company in two different difficult legal cases. We can say very confidently, that Alon and his team, were the right and valuable choice for us. The first case was dealt with great professionalism, honesty, responsiveness and knowledge, which made the entire process smooth and effortless for us. We can firmly say that they acted and put forth their maximum energy and efforts to ensure the outcome of our case, catered to the best interest of our company.
Our second case, was very unique and extremely complicated. We assumed that many lawyers would not be interested to deal with this case, as it required a lot of efforts, energy and wisdom. We felt relieved and grateful that we were again in trustworthy hands and our proposed case would be conducted professionally, ethically and with the highest legal standards. We felt that Alon and Marius are highly knowledgeable and experienced in Real Estate law, and they can confidently guide and lead anyone to their most desired result.
During the whole process, there was an enormous amount of respect, care and dedication put into our cases, and we felt comfortable and at ease that our matters would be properly taken care of. We also would like to comment on the entire staff at Segev LLP, who were fabulous, intelligent and always available when we needed them.