Ron is a founding partner of Segev LLP. As a practical-minded business lawyer with a keen eye for opportunity, but also a sensitivity to risk, Ron focuses on your bottom-line. Bringing operations, managerial, business development, and merger & acquisition skills and experience to his practice, Ron is equipped with the tools needed to take your project to the next level, and to solve any challenges along the way.
Ron is the head of Segev LLP’s technology practice group and works with a wide variety of technology clients including data analytics companies, digital media and creative agencies, online marketers and affiliates, e-commerce companies, software, SaaS, enterprise software (CRM, ERP, etc.) and app developers, and social, mobile and other gaming companies.
Ron has experience working with some of the brightest distributed ledger technology companies in Canada, and worldwide. Our team works with blockchain application development companies, miners, brokers, coiners, exchanges, investor clubs, burgeoning funds, and more ICOs than we could imagine. Ron represents token and coin generators and offerers assisting with ICO/TGE development, legal issues, finance issues, marketing and other issues. He also represents token and coin investors with due diligence review and commercial term negotiation. Ron is on the Board of Advisors to a “Most Promising ICO of 2018” – FansUnite.io.
Ron is also a specialized igaming lawyer and assists online gaming, social gaming, skill games, sports books, daily fantasy sports, esports, v-sports, live-dealer, and other gaming and betting clients worldwide with their commercial, IP, transactional, licensing, regulatory and compliance needs. As former General Counsel and Senior Legal Counsel for one of the largest online gaming companies in the world, Ron has extensive experience in the igaming sector and has appeared as an expert speaker on the topic at various high-profile events and conferences. Ron is also a General Member of the International Masters of Gaming Law.
Ron can assist in establishing key relationships and partnerships, negotiating joint ventures, navigating mergers & acquisitions and other deals, and addressing corporate development needs. Ron also has a broad network of potential partners to help connect you with the people you need to realize your vision.
+1 604 629 5402
Representative Speaking Engagements
- Gambling, ‘Complete Gacha,’ and Payments Law – California Video Game Bar Association Business and Legal Affairs, Los Angeles, California, May 21, 2013
- Social Gaming 101, Everything You Wanted to Know But Didnt have a Clue to Ask – Canadian Gaming Summit, Vancouver, BC, June 23-25, 2014
- Cloud Integration Issues; Discussions on Privacy and Data Protection in the Cloud Environment – Technology and Data Warehouse Institute (TDWI), Vancouver, BC, November 13, 2015
- Capital Considerations for Today’s iGaming Startup – iGaming North America Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada, April 5-7, 2016
- Discussions on the B.C. $100 Million Venture Capital Fund for B.C.’s Tech Industry, and the Vancouver Technology Sector – The Charles Adler Show, SiriusXM Radio, December 13, 2016
- The Proliferation of Fantasy Sports Business Models – Law Seminars International’s Game Technology Law Conference, Seattle, Washington, October 13-14, 2016
- Taking a Close Look at Affiliate Deals: What Every Affiliate Needs to Know About the Contracts they Sign – London Affiliate Conference (LAC), London, England, February 9-12, 2017
- Blockchain 101 – Why Should I Even Care? – Canadian Gaming Summit, Vancouver, BC, June 20, 2017
- The Future of eSports in Canada – Canadian Gaming Summit, Vancouver, BC, June 21, 2017
- Criminal Code: What Needs to Be Done to Protect Canadians? – Canadian Gaming Summit, Vancouver, BC, June 21, 2017
- Going Real-Money: Legal, Regulatory and Commercial Issues Involved in Turning Social Games into Real Money Casinos – Casual Connect, Seattle, Washington, August 1-3, 2017
- Talking eSports: The Present and Future of eSports – Casual Connect, Seattle, Washington, August 1-3, 2017
- Blockchain Technology in Business & the Legal Implications – CBABC Business Law & Securities Law Joint Section Meeting, Vancouver, BC, November 21, 2017
- Made in Canada: Blockchain Technology – ICE Totally Gaming, London, UK, February 7, 2018
- Gaming Laboratories International (GLI) North American Regulators Roundtable, Las Vegas, Nevada, March 7-9, 2018
- Compliance, Regtech & Cryptocurrency: Managing AML/KYC & More – The Future of Blockchain by Glance Technologies, Vancouver, BC, May 8, 2018
- Blockchain Technology & Cryptocurrencies – VGBA Summit at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, May 15, 2018
- Panel Discussion on the Legal Landscape of Blockchain Technology in Canada – Canadian Law & Blockchain Technology, Vancouver, BC, July 12, 2018
- iNTERGAMING, Issue 5, 2014, The Canadian Opportunity; Working with BCLC and Playnow.com
- iGaming Business North America, Issue 17, February/March 2015; Canada: At the Crossroads? A Review of Recent Changes to the Canadian iGaming Landscape
- American Gaming Lawyer, Volume 11, No. 2, Autumn 2015; Online Gaming: Are You Rolling the Dice with Roll Playing Games? (Co-authored with Eric Stein and David McHugh)
- iGaming Business North America, Issue 22, December/January 2016; Raising Money in the Great White North: Why Canada is a hotbed of iGaming Finance Activity
- iGaming Business North America, Issue 25, June/July 2016; Canadian Update: The Quebec Wall
- Canadian Gaming Lawyer, Volume 10, No. 2, Fall 2017; First Nations Gaming in Canada: A Case for Reform
- www.igamingbusiness.com, October 13, 2017, Why Blockchain is a Game-Changer for the Igaming Industry
What Our Clients Say
Ron Segev and his team have completely transformed my perception of a law firm and for the better. His firm fulfills the long overdue need for a legal team that is nimble, innovative, personable, creative, affordable and determined to help small businesses and entrepreneurs with implementing their business strategy. They are transparent and trustworthy. They help provide original yet practical solutions, think outside the box and display a genuine passion for their work above and beyond the status quo. They make all clients feel important – no matter how small the operation is. I have worked with legal professionals in countries worldwide and have yet to come across a comparable firm. Ron Segev is a refreshing example of a lawyer who enhances his clients’ businesses models and provides significant value rather than simply racking up billable hours. I believe that Ron Segev’s concept is an optimal example for other firms to strive for to meet the needs of a growing entrepreneurial clientele in today’s digital age.
– Orbis Relocation, LLC